Automated Time Tracking on your MacChrometa for Mac automatically tracks the time you spend on your Mac – so that you can easily reference and categorize your time later on, without having to manually track it as you work.
It logs all your computer activity, and also helps you capture phone and meeting time spent away from your Mac. Categorize your activities to clients/projects with a simple drag and drop (just like organizing your Outlook inbox). Because Chrometa is “smart”, it will remember your categorizations for future use, making time reconciliation a snap. Step away from your Mac, and Chrometa starts its away timer. When you get back to your Mac, Chrometa will remind you to add a note about your away time.
Setup on Mac
- Download Chrometa for Mac.
- Double-click on the Chrometa app after downloading it.
- Chrometa will start up, and will prompt you to create an account and register your new device. If you are not yet a Chrometa user, select the first option I don’t have a Chrometa account. (If you are an existing Chrometa user, and you are adding a new Mac to your account, select I already have a Chrometa account).
- Click on the Apple icon on your Mac > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items. Make sure Chrometa is listed, it will then automatically start when you login to your Mac
- Click on the Apple icon on your Mac > System Preferences > Security & Privacy >Privacy > Accessibility.Make sure Chrometa is listed, this allows Chrometa to record your time in the background.
You're all set!
That’s it, you’ll now see Chrometa’s status icon in your menu bar. It’s running and syncing with your online account once an hour (default frequency, can be adjusted).