Here’s the full webinar recording, for your viewing pleasure:
The New Chrometa-Clio Time Capture Integration
We’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Clio to deliver a seamless time capture and practice management experience for solo and small firm attorneys.
You can now let Chrometa capture and categorize your time automatically, and then port these time entries directly into Clio with a single click.
How to Enable the Clio Integration
Within Chrometa, go to the Account – Integrations tab, and select the Clio Integration option from the drop down menu.
Click Connect to hook up your Clio account with Chrometa.
You’ll be redirected over to Clio, where you can login and connect your account.
Select Yes, Let’s Connect:
Sync Up Your Clio Matter (Project) List
Next you’ll be redirected back to Chrometa, with a message that you’ve connected your Clio account, and that you’re ready to import your Matters from Clio via the Project tab in Chrometa (we call Matters “Projects” in Chrometa).
At the top of the page, you’ll see a new Sync With Clio button. Click this to import your clients and matters from Clio (they will be created as Clients and Projects in Chrometa).
Chrometa will pull in any Clio matters that are not yet present within Chrometa. No existing Chrometa projects will be overwritten – new projects are only appended – so you don’t need to worry about accidentally overwriting your existing Chrometa project list.
Use Chrometa to Capture, Categorize, and Annotate Your Time
Now you can use Chrometa to:
- Capture your time passively as you work
- Categorize these time entries to your Clio Matters
- Annotate (and combine) time entries (to provide additional details and combine like annotations)
Export Your Time Entries to Clio
Once you have your time entries categorized, you can send them across the wire to Clio from the Time – Summary view. First, select your project(s) to export:
Then click the Export to Clio button:
Some quick notes and tips:
- The time range selected using Chrometa’s date filter can be used to send multiple days’ worth of time entries across to Clio.
- Chrometa will group all time entries by annotation (like annotations will be combined into one entry), and will split the entries into a total by day (if multiple days are selected).
- Only time entries that have been categorized to a project will be sent across to Clio. Uncategorized time will not be sent.
- For entries that are not annotated, you can give them a default annotation before selecting Begin Export (see window below).
- Finally all time entries sent to Clio are appended to your list of Billable Activity for each matter. We do not replace any entries that already exist in Clio.
We collaborated closely with our friends at Clio to deliver as seamless an integration as possible. We welcome and appreciate your feedback and suggestions on this process.